BerkShares Info Packet
BerkShares Educational Packet + Tote
The BerkShares Educational Packet is a great way for interested parties outside the Berkshires to support and familiarize themselves with the BerkShares local currency program while supporting our operations. The Packet includes non-circulating proofs of BerkShare notes, reading and other program materials and information, and our BerkShares-branded, American-made tote bag. The Packet costs $80, which includes shipping and handling within the United States ($15 for international shipping). You may pay online by credit card or checks may be made payable to BerkShares, Inc.
The BerkShares Educational Packet Includes:
- Proofs of the 1, 5, 10, and 20 BerkShare notes (in any printing process there are preliminary prints made known as proofs; proofs do not have serial numbers and they are not valid for the purchase of goods and services.)
- One American-made, organic cotton BerkShares tote bag
- One BerkShares Basics document with tips for accounting and spending BerkShares
- One “BerkShares Accepted Here” Sticker
- One CD of video news clips of BerkShares coverage and an informational Power Point presentation
- One copy of Local Currencies: Catalysts for Sustainable Regional Economies, a pamphlet by Schumacher Center founder Bob Swann and Executive Director Susan Witt on the background and thought surrounding local currencies. (Other digital Schumacher Center pamphlets — along with many articles about local currencies — are available on the Schumacher Center website for free, and printed copies are available for purchase).